Triple Strawberry Whoopie Pies
FOR THE COOKIES:
- 1 (18.25 oz) strawberry cake mix
- 8 oz frozen truwhip topping, thawed
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⁄3 cup powdered sugar
FOR THE FILLING:
- 4 oz soft strawberry cream cheese
- 1⁄3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ½ cup frozen truwhip, thawed
- 1 tbsp finely chopped fresh strawberry
- Heat oven to 350° F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Place cake mix, truwhip, and egg in a large mixing bowl. Beat on low speed until well mixed.
- Shape into 1” balls and roll in powdered sugar. Place 2” apart on parchment-lined sheet. Flatten slightly.
- Bake for 10-14 minutes until golden brown. Remove from oven and cool for 2 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool completely.
- Meanwhile, for filling, in a small mixing bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla on low speed until smooth. Beat in truwhip. Stir in chopped strawberry.
- Spread on bottoms of half of cooled cookies and place on platter, filling side up. Add a second cookie on each, bottom side down. Serve immediately.
post your truwhip creations with
we love an empty truwhip tub!
recycle tip #14