Chocolate Reindeer Cookies
FOR THE CHOCOLATE COOKIES:
- 2 cups GF flour
- 2 cups cane sugar
- 1.25 cups (or 20 tbsp) of butter, softened
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 9 oz chocolate chips
FOR THE CHOCOLATE WHIPPED TOPPING:
- one 9 oz container of truwhip
- one 3.56 oz instant chocolate pudding
- 2 cups of milk (or amount stated on pudding directions – I used almond milk)
FOR THE TOPPINGS:
- GF miniature pretzels (antlers)
- white chocolate chips or white M&M’s (eyes)
- white peanut butter cups (mouth)
- red & brown M&M’s (nose)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, mix together the butter and cane sugar.
- Add eggs and vanilla extract to bowl, and mix well.
- Add flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt to bowl, and mix well.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Place the bowl of cookie dough in the fridge for 1-2 hours. Chilling the dough will prevent the cookies from spreading.
- Roll cookie dough into balls and flatten slightly. Place cookie dough balls on parchment-lined baking sheet. Makes about 40 double chocolate chip cookies.
- Bake for about 9 minutes. Let the cookies cool.
- Prepare the instant chocolate pudding as stated on the directions on the box. In a large bowl, add the instant chocolate pudding mix to 2 cups of cold milk. Beat with a wire whisk or electric mixer at low speed for 2 minutes. Add truwhip whipped topping to bowl, and mix well. Cover bowl with plastic wrap, and refrigerate bowl for at least 1 hour.
- Frost the double chocolate chip cookies once they are completely cool with the chocolate whipped topping.
- To make the cookies into reindeer, add pretzels for antlers, white chocolate chips or white M&M’s for eyes, and white peanut butter cups for mouth. Add a dab of frosting at top of white peanut butter cup, and place a red or brown M&M on it so it stays secure.
- You can store them in the refrigerator until they’re ready to serve.
post your truwhip creations with
we love an empty truwhip tub!
recycle tip #14